nomelon: (Default)
nomelon ([personal profile] nomelon) wrote2009-01-09 05:04 pm
NSFW

Very Important Questions

+ I've just realised that my paid lj time expires on the 13th of this month. I have no money. Zero money (haha, I just typoed that as Zero Monkey, simian superhero extraordinaire :D). I've never had less money and the shitty temping officey job hunt does not look promising. Do I throw caution to the wind and buy another year only to worry about it at a later date? Or should I be sensible and go back to -horrors- a basic account?

+ Merlin. What's the deal? Is it good? Or so bad it's good? I am hearing the faint buzzing of excited fangirls, and I am curious. Although, really, the last thing I need is another show to watch. I'm getting caught up with Prison Break season 4, and T-Bag it continues to be awesomely awesome, although I had to salt and burn my amused disbelief a looonnng time ago.

+ If you are trying really hard to have a week or two of detox after Christmas, eating only wholegrains, chicken, fish, gallons of herbal tea, and ten tons of fruit & veg daily, what about eggs? I can't decide.

+ WHY is bellybutton fluff always blue?

+ Has somebody written a fic about the significance of Dean returning from Hell minus every single one of his old scars, except for the fact he's still wearing his matching tattoo?

+ If I really, really need a job for two weeks, should I sell my soul and work in a call centre? Although... according to Dean, two weeks of real time does equate to roughly five years in Call Centre Hell. That's a long freakin' time. Hmmm.

Questions. I have them.

[identity profile] fleshflutter.livejournal.com 2009-01-09 05:19 pm (UTC)(link)
Merlin is hugely popular so you should probably check it out. It didn't appeal to me at all, unfortunately, but I am in the minority. Also, I don't get bellybutton fluff. I worry I might have a self-cleaning bellybutton.
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2009-01-09 05:27 pm (UTC)(link)
It can't hurt to just look, I suppose. (Also my attitude towards dessert menus.) No bellybutton fluff!??! Cruel twist of fate. *commiserates*


Haha, edited because today is a day of typos.

[identity profile] vorpalblades.livejournal.com 2009-01-09 05:19 pm (UTC)(link)
I'm in the same place with the LJ time. And now my car just died on me. Stalled out right at the light to a busy intersection. *sigh* Sorry, LJ, but transportation comes first.
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2009-01-09 05:28 pm (UTC)(link)
I can't even consider getting my car back on the road right now, and I MISS IT SO MUCH.

[identity profile] roseincognitus.livejournal.com 2009-01-09 06:09 pm (UTC)(link)
I like Merlin - a lot. I was very skeptical and really only started to watch because of Anthony Head. I'm usually very picky about the legend, and this show SO ignores ALL of it, and yet, there's something about it. I actually quite adore it now, the relationship between Arthur and Merlin is really sweet, and you watch it grow show by show. Worth a peek, for sure.
I would go for the occasional egg - just my opinion...
Hmmm, Call Center Hell. Is it worth the eons of time just so you can eat?? If there was pie, Dean would say yes...
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2009-01-10 12:49 am (UTC)(link)
I am downloading it. I don't know if/when I'll get to watching it... but we shall see.

I had an omelette :D

Ugh. I can get a little money together, but I have to go back sailing, and it'd just be nice to have a bit more. Urgh, ugh, ugh.

[identity profile] velvetwhip.livejournal.com 2009-01-09 09:08 pm (UTC)(link)
Sorry about the money situation.

:::hugs you:::

But on the happy side of life...Kudos on your win at The White Knight Awards!


Gabrielle
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2009-01-10 12:50 am (UTC)(link)
Ooh, I won something? Thanks for letting me know!

[identity profile] velvetwhip.livejournal.com 2009-01-10 12:52 am (UTC)(link)
You sure did! I enjoy being the bearer of glad tidings.


Gabrielle
ext_11786: (Default)

[identity profile] dotfic.livejournal.com 2009-01-10 03:34 am (UTC)(link)
The Anthony Head ALONE makes it worth it...but seriously, it kind of sneaks up on you and it's ADORABLE. I never know how to answer the question "is it good or not." It's very flawed. The characters are wonderful and loveable and it has a lot going in the "good" column IMO.
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2009-01-10 04:00 pm (UTC)(link)
Ooooh, I didn't even know he was in it! I don't mind a flawed show (I watched Moonlight and Torchwood!) so long as the payoff is worth it. I'm downloading it, so we shall see.