nomelon: (Default)
nomelon ([personal profile] nomelon) wrote2008-05-05 07:34 pm
NSFW

Thoughts on...

... brandy and ginger ale. Best summer drinkies ever??

... barbecues in your back garden in the warm evening sunshine, followed by bananas with their skins sliced open, stuffed with dark chocolate, drizzled with whiskey, wrapped up in tin foil and barbecued until squishy and hot and sweet and REALLYFUCKINGOMG DELICIOUS. Best food type desserty thing ever?

... the other night, while drinking my brandy and ginger \o/ and watching the latest ep of Doctor Who, it occurred to me that the latest season with Donna is like finding some of the greatest angsty cracky hilarious gen fic that fandom has to offer after reading a looong and involved het fic all about an unrequited and ultimately doomed love affair with a really, really shitty last chapter.

... the idea I've been sketching out (because, oh yes, I am so in need of yet another WIP) of a Grease AU where Dean is Kenickie and Sam is Danny and they're two brothers who live alone together after their father dies, and they go to Rydell High together... I've never written a film crossovery thing like that before, and I'm only at the idea stage, but it all seems to be falling into place. Crazycakes?

I am warm and squishy inside like barbecued banana. How y'all doing my lovely flist?

[identity profile] smidgy06.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 07:22 pm (UTC)(link)
I've always associated Dean with Danny but I think I can see Sam in that role.
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 07:56 pm (UTC)(link)
I've just spent way too long sitting here pondering Dean as Danny. :D I dunno. They're both goofballs at heart, but Kenickie always seemed to be more about walking the walk, like being a greaser came more naturally to him, whereas Danny was always kind of putting up a front trying to act like the cool guy he thought he should be. That says more to me about Sam looking up to his older brother, trying to be like him. Hmmm. *thinky*

[identity profile] smidgy06.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 08:01 pm (UTC)(link)
When put like that I can see where you've been and where you're going. I think I've Dean in the Danny role because I've put Sam in the Sandy role - a gay male version of.
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 09:03 pm (UTC)(link)
Ah. When you put it like that... Totally :) Now all I can see is Sam in Sandy's snazzy off-the-shoulder black ensemble and red heels from the end of the movie...

[identity profile] rejeneration.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 07:25 pm (UTC)(link)
OMG, my grandmother used to make these things called Brandy Slushes, in huge emptied ice cream pails. I should have never of let her die without getting the recipe. I know it had brandy and gingerale, but there was something else, too. So good. Of course, we were nine...
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 07:35 pm (UTC)(link)
Of course, we were nine...

*sporfle* Just what every nine year old needs, BUCKETS of brandy cocktails :D

I shouldn't drink brandy and gingers, they're just so tasty I get so buzzed! Whee!

I just had a quick search for brandy slushes, because I am intrigued, and not thinking of making them AT ALL *shifty eyes* and it seems to involve sugar, tea bags, orange juice and lemonade. It's like brandy iced tea. YUM.

[identity profile] stopwatch-plz.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 07:31 pm (UTC)(link)
BBQ'd banananananas are the Food of Godz

I laughed at your description of DW... I'm loving it's lots, but sometimes reality kicks in and raises a big WTF???? But I love Donna, so it's ok, but not as much as Rose and OMG I want her back NOW!

that's about it, really ;)
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 08:00 pm (UTC)(link)
OMG BBQ BANANAS SO GOOD I NEARLY WEPT. *om nom nom nom*

You always need a good, healthy suspension of disbelief with DW, but it has won me back over BIG TIME after the end of last season hit me so hard as terrible television. I can't remember a time that tv has pissed me off by being so awesome and then letting me down so badly with their GODAWFUL season finale. But I forgive them, because this season has so far been wonderful again. :)

[identity profile] stopwatch-plz.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 08:04 pm (UTC)(link)
I stopped watching it a few eps into the season that Martha was in because I just didn't get it AT ALL.

...so I had to go and re-watch the ending of it to catch up on loads of extra-plost stuff (because I am all about the Torchwood)

And, ironically, I really liked her when she was in TW, and I liked her in the recent DW eps.

TV shows are odd. ;)
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 08:19 pm (UTC)(link)
TV shows are odd.

And with that you have neatly summed up every single fangirl discussion since the dawn of fandom. :P

[identity profile] stopwatch-plz.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 08:21 pm (UTC)(link)
Lol! XD

the whole fandom thing is pretty fucking odd, isn't it? I'm still a complete newbie in all of them and every now and again I'll read something and go "Hmmm... pretty fucking weird" and then carry on.

Though fandom has now eaten my soul - I've now written RPS and Wincest. I'm going to Hell and I'll be sure to say hi to Dean whilst I'm there!

:D

[identity profile] lazy-daze.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 08:02 pm (UTC)(link)
... barbecues in your back garden in the warm evening sunshine, followed by bananas with their skins sliced open, stuffed with dark chocolate, drizzled with whiskey, wrapped up in tin foil and barbecued until squishy and hot and sweet and REALLYFUCKINGOMG DELICIOUS. Best food type desserty thing ever?

UM HI CAN I VISIT. *beam* this weather is putting me in serious barbecue mood and there is no barbecue potential in my future. D:
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 08:17 pm (UTC)(link)
YES C'MON OVER I'LL SAVE YOU A SEAT! The more the merrier. *hands you delicious brandy&ginger drinky*

Oh noooo for the lack of bbq potential. You must rectify this post-haste! I get in crazy bbq moods in the summer. Every sunny day is a bbq day!

[identity profile] lazy-daze.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 08:38 pm (UTC)(link)
Don't tempt me, you're only a drive and a ferry ride away! ;) OMG that sounds gooood.

Maybe I'll see if I can browbeat my family into one on the next warm weekend! I need my BBQ needs satisfying!

[identity profile] crackedbuthappy.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 08:19 pm (UTC)(link)
You must write this movie AU. Except where do the Sandy and Rizzo fit in? Because it's not RPS, so you can't have Sandy as Sandy and Danneel as Rizzo (though that'd be perfect, the wholesome, nice girl and the girl everyone thinks is a whore lmao). Or will there just be Sam and Dean and a hot car with some leather jackets? Because I can get behind the convoluted Grease if that's how it's going to be lol.
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 08:56 pm (UTC)(link)
I have given this too much thought. It's not finalised, but what I was thinking so far:
Andy as Doodie, Ash as Putzie, and possibly Corbett as Sonny
Jess as Sandy
Ruby as Rizzo
Frenchy - Lisa Braeden
Marty - Jo
Jan - Sarah
Meg - Cha Cha DiGregorio
YED as Leo, the leader of the Scorpions
Missouri as Vi the waitress
Bobby as the grizzly owner of the garage where Dean works after school to earn extra cash to look after Sam. Awwwww.

HOT CAR QUANDARY: They can't have a '67 Impala in the 50s. Boo. So they can either have an older model Chevy, or go with Greased Lightning (apparently a 48 Ford). Decisions, decisions.

Can't believe I'm actually thinking of writing this. Eek!

[identity profile] crackedbuthappy.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 09:31 pm (UTC)(link)
Dude, you really have thought about this lol. You've cast it! lol. I will say I <3 Corbett, even though he was a one-shot, totally-unrelated-to-the-Winchesters character. I love that kid.

Hmmm, I love classic cars. Chevy didn't make cars until the 40s, and they were...not Winchester type cars lol. Dean's car would be hot, tough, black, and definitely able to kick someone's ass with a single glance at the fender on Thunder Road. I recommend a 1951 Pontiac Chieftain or a 1948 Cadillac Fleetwood (if you're going for the convertible feel). Of course, this is your personal preference here.

The Chieftain:
Image (http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mikeyoungchieftainb8d22iw2.jpg)



The Fleetwood:
Image (http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image2hv2.jpg)

ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 10:12 pm (UTC)(link)
AGH! YOU DID CAR RESEARCH! ♥ Now I have to write it! Yeah, I was looking around and the older Chevys were pretty straightlaced. I'd say Dean would totally go for the Fleetwood. *ponders*

Corbett just seemed to have that thread of hopeful innocence that his surroundings would never be able to take away from him. That's totally Putzie. (I had their names mixed up before. Damn secondary characters! *smites*) He's like Butters!

Thanks, doll. You are made of awesome. :)

[identity profile] thehighwaywoman.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 08:29 pm (UTC)(link)
Viz. Doctor Who, YES. I didn't think I'd like Donna but I adore her. She's just what the Doctor needs and it looks like it'll be mutually beneficial .

Those bananas sound orgasmically good! *is hungry*
ext_4047: (Default)

[identity profile] nomelon.livejournal.com 2008-05-05 08:59 pm (UTC)(link)
I didn't think I'd like Donna but I adore her.

Yes x a billionty. I was all prepared to hate her, but she is WONDERFUL. I love her as much as Martha, but in an entirely different way. I love how she'll hug the Doctor one second, then give him a bloody good slap the next. It's just what he needs. :D

Bananas. So good. SO GOOD. *droooools*