Entry tags:
I finally have enough recs for a recs post!!
Superman (2025): mutually beneficial arrangements by
teeterss - Clark/Lex, explicit. Where Lex is still evil and a bit helpless and furious about it, and Clark is so beautifully Clark, and this REALLY shouldn't have worked, but it did, just over and over and over again. I love how they came at this from such wildly different angles, and they won each other over and it just WORKED. Supe's sense of humour and goodness, and Lex's... need and desperation and the way he gets won over, hating and loving every second of it... chef's kiss. Really enjoyed this.
Superman (2025): Six of One by
maplesalad - Clark/Jimmy, explicit. “No way, man, with that jaw? And the hair? And he’s, what, six-four? Women love that. And they probably like the alien thing. Women are perverts,” Jimmy said, sagely. “Maybe he has, like... tentacles.” Fun and hot. They were both very in character.
The Walking Dead: Tomorrow Is a Long Way Down by
Mercy - Glenn/Daryl, mature. Glenn and Daryl and a motorcycle and an abandoned motel and some history and some futures. May contain spam and crossbows. Oh, man. This takes me allll the way back. Very them, very sweet, very stinky. Really nice job capturing Daryl.
Karate Kid: without a map by
menocchio - Daniel/Johnny, explicit. He was a couple miles out of town when he saw the hitchhiker standing on the shoulder of the other lane, a dusty backpack at his feet. And Johnny was fully prepared to speed along, except when he flicked a look over in passing, it was Daniel LaRusso glancing back. The first part of this is an epic adventure of discovery, then BAM we're hit with an All Valley fight to the death but with love and more discovery. Massively enjoyed this.
Karate Kid: better with you by
trill_gutterbug - Daniel/Johnny, explicit. In the spring of 1985, Johnny and Daniel discover there are better things to be than enemies. Ohhh, this is lovely. I love the crazy desire they have for each other, but they're still very them. Nice to see Daniel doing his best to be a stand up guy, and Johnny stumbling his way through his first love. I stayed up way too late reading.
Avengers: Between the Personal and the Real by
arsenicarcher - Clint/Phil, explicit. Clint knows how things work between principals and their obeisants. At least, he's always thought he does. I loved their dynamic and how rubbish Clint was at self-worth. Really nicely done.
Generation Kill: shadows suspended on dust by
void_fish - Brad/Ray, explicit. "How did it make you feel?" Colbert asks him. Ray smokes and smokes and never answers and ignores the half-smile on Colbert's face." Hannibal AU. I love this mutual insanity feedback loop they have going on. Brad was extra creepy in this.
Generation Kill: and that's why they call me [bad company] by
postcardmystery - Brad/Ray, explicit. “I’m still smarter than you, dude,” he says to Brad, and Brad raises an eloquent eyebrow, but he doesn’t argue, because, yeah, Brad’s smart, but he’s smart enough to know what he’s not. Where Brad watches Ray burn it all down, and it's gorgeous.
Peacemaker: when you turn out the light by
biblionerd07 - Harcourt & 11th Street Kids, teen. Emilia gets by with a little help from her friends. Written before the end of season 2, and may I just say: wow. It's fine. I didn't need my heart anyway. This was so very adorable.
Letterkenny: Spirit of the Code by
trill_gutterbug - Wayne/Daryl, teen. Wayne breaks his leg in February. It's a whole To Do. This was lovely. I miss them. I loved Wayne's speeches. Very them.
Deadpool: Fairly Domestic by
kissedtheeaves - Wade|Deadpool/Nathan|Cable, mature. “This is how the world ends,” says Wade. “Not with a bang, but a loveseat.” Ohhh, I loved this entire series. The thought of Cable mellowing enough to let himself have this and Wade also learning how to let himself have good things and be himself without needing to be full-on Deadpool 100% of the time... really lovely. Plus all their totally healthy ways of working through their issues, yep yep.
Superman (2025): Six of One by
The Walking Dead: Tomorrow Is a Long Way Down by
Karate Kid: without a map by
Karate Kid: better with you by
Avengers: Between the Personal and the Real by
Generation Kill: shadows suspended on dust by
Generation Kill: and that's why they call me [bad company] by
Peacemaker: when you turn out the light by
Letterkenny: Spirit of the Code by
Deadpool: Fairly Domestic by

no subject
no subject